- Design, develop, implement, test, and support solutions using Cognos functionality and technologies including Report Studio, Cognos Workspace, Cognos Framework Manager and Cognos Advanced Workspace.
- Build relational data models using FM and develop reports using report studio.
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Produce deliverables by gathering information and understanding the business user needs and objectives.
- Analyze report code to find root cause of issues, provide and implement remediation recommendations.
- Collaborate with outside team members and management.
- Provide technical assistance with troubleshooting reports by responding to inquiries and question.
- Ability to work both independently and participate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience and skill set required:
- 2 or more years of experience with Cognos 10 or later is required with working knowledge of report studio, framework manager (relational modeling) and cognos connection. Experience with event studio is desirable.
- 2 or more years experience with relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server is required.
- Knowledge of Cognos mash-up and SDK with .NET technologies are desirable.
- Knowledge of SPSS, R or other predictive analytics tools and techniques is desirable.
- Experience working in fast paced agile development is needed.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related discipline, equivalent work experience or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.