Driving Data-Driven Safety Culture by Focusing on Leading Indicators and Real-Time EHS Analytics
A leading supplier of industrial equipment accelerates its vision to achieve an injury-free workplace
March 24, 2021 [Fort Lauderdale, FL]: ProcessMAP Corporation, the industry leader in offering a cloud-based data intelligence platform for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) transformation; and Operational Risk Management (ORM) announced that one of the leading providers of Caterpillar
(NYSE: CAT) equipment to the construction, road-building, and utility and mining industries has adopted ProcessMAP’s EHS software solutions to drive its safety transformation initiatives.
The Strategic Objectives That Drove the Adoption of EHS Software
Some of the key safety objectives that the company aims to achieve by adopting an integrated EHS platform include the ability to:
- Accelerate the transition of the company along the safety maturity curve by pivoting the focus of the company from tracking and reporting just the lagging indicators (like TRIR, LTIR, etc.) to leading indicators like near-miss reporting, proactive audits and inspections, on-time CAPA closures, among others
- Measure the company’s safety performance efficiently and accurately at every level of the organization by engaging and empowering employees as key safety stakeholders
- Adopt a data-driven EHS management system that can provide ACT (Accurate, Complete and Timely) data and actionable insights to improve the safety performance of the company
The industrial equipment supplier recognized the inefficiencies of managing safety performance using disparate spreadsheets-based solutions. With ProcessMAP’s integrated solutions, the company now has access to real-time safety data and the EHS team focuses on more productive areas of their functional responsibilities.
Driving Transformation of Key Safety Processes
Some of the key benefits that the company has already started to realize by adopting ProcessMAP’s EHS solutions include:
- Conducting proactive inspections and graded-audits to identify risks, and drive accountability by assigning and tracking on-time closure of associated CAPAs (Corrective and Preventive Actions)
- Leveraging mobile EHS capabilities as the key enabler to empower employees to support safety by conducting audits, reporting near-misses and incidents, proactively identifying hazards and risks, and documenting CAPA completion among others
- Leveraging the built-in “5-Whys” root-cause analysis mechanism to thoroughly investigate safety incidents and put in place measures and policies to prevent a recurrence
- Driving strong employee engagement with the EHS initiatives, enabled through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface of the EHS system
- Accessing safety data in real-time to help improve accountability and visibility to improve the safety culture within the organization
ProcessMAP has helped the customer to rapidly upgrade safety processes across the company. “With such an easy-to-use system, the highly intuitive features appealed to corporate stakeholders, who were able to use the solutions seamlessly just after one training session,” said the Director of EHS at the industrial supplier company. Now, the customer is expanding the scope of its EHS platform to proactively track leading indicators like near-misses, unsafe acts and conditions, and is making each employee a stakeholder in their personal and collective safety.
“Mobile EHS capabilities can play a key role in driving the health and safety of employees; and helping a company accelerate its movement on the safety maturity curve. We are pleased that many of the Fortune 1000 companies choose ProcessMAP to help automate their EHS programs and foster a robust safety culture founded on real-time analytics,” said Harold Gubnitsky, President of ProcessMAP Corporation.
About ProcessMAP Corporation
ProcessMAP is the leading EHS process and data intelligence platform that empowers our customers to minimize risk, assure compliance, and ensure safety. ProcessMAP’s analytics-driven cloud platform and advanced mobile-first solutions enable digital transformation, process consistency, and data harmonization to drive actionable intelligence. We are headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with locations across the globe, serving customers in over 140 countries. Visit https://www.processmap.com/ to learn more.
Media and Analyst Relations Contact:
Director of Global Product Marketing