Iconic German Automotive Leader Augments its Best-in-Class Engineering with World-Class Occupational Safety and Health Management Software from ProcessMAP
The luxury automotive OEM company replaced a 26-year-old legacy system with ProcessMAP’s modern, integrated, mobile-first workplace health and safety software
July 14, 2021 [Ft. Lauderdale, FL]: ProcessMAP Corporation, the industry leader in offering a cloud-based data intelligence platform for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) transformation; Sustainability and ESG; and Operational Risk Management (ORM) announced that one of the most iconic, luxury automotive and motorbike manufacturers in the world is driving the digital transformation of its workplace health and safety by utilizing ProcessMAP’s mobile-first EHS software solutions.
Strategic Objectives to Undertake a Digital Transformation Initiative
The automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) replaced its 26-year-old legacy EHS data management system with ProcessMAP’s solutions in 2018. One of the fundamental drivers for the company to embark on this digital transformation journey was to leverage a suite of EHS solutions that were natively designed for mobile.
“…we were looking for a lot more functionality on the mobile platform… everybody’s got their phones on nowadays, so instead of carrying a clipboard to do a check [on] a checklist or an audit they can have their phone with them. If they identify a near-miss they have their phone,” stated a manager for safety, ergonomics, and industrial hygiene for the automotive OEM.
Some of the other strategic objectives that drove the OEM’s decision to upgrade their EHS platform include:
- Drive strong stakeholder and employee engagement by leveraging solutions that are intuitive and easy-to-use
- Gain access to real-time data intelligence on leading and lagging indicators of EHS performance at an employee, department and/or plant and facility level
- Seamlessly manage employees’ Occupational Health (OH) by streamlining medical appointments and follow-up action items, and integrating this data into HRIMS or TPA systems
- Monitor air, dust, noise, and other Industrial Hygiene (IH) parameters to proactively prevent exposure to workplace hazards and mitigate risks
Driving Safety with ProcessMAP’s Highly Recognized EHS, IH, and OH Solutions
For more than 21 years, ProcessMAP has maintained market leadership by co-innovating EHS solutions for customers across the world. In 2021, ProcessMAP was recognized as a “Leader” for the fifth time in the biennial Green Quadrant report on EHS Software, published by Verdantix, an independent and highly reputed industry analyst. The company’s IH, OH, and Ergonomics solutions, in particular, were recognized as the #1 solutions in the industry by Verdantix in their recently published report titled, EHS Software Benchmark: Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health.
“ProcessMAP scored the highest for its IH and OH software; and the company continues to strengthen its core IH and OH offering, thereby delivering significant value to customers,” said Bill Pennington, Research Director for EHS at Verdantix.
In addition to the IH and OH solutions, the automotive OEM also utilizes the following solutions available on ProcessMAP’s cloud and mobile platforms:
- Integrated incident and claims management to report near-misses, safety incidents, and workers compensation claims
- Audits and inspections management to proactively identify hazards, risks, and the necessary CAPAs
- Action and activity management to track on-time closure of CAPAs, and drive transparency and accountability within the organization
- Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) management to track and record leading safety indicators like unsafe behaviors and observations
EHS Performance and Process Improvements
Over the last 3 years, the automotive OEM has realized significant EHS performance and process improvements. Some of these results include:
- 35% reduction in Lost-Time case rate
- 81% reduction in Restricted-Duty incident rate
- 220% increase in tracking leading indicators such as near-misses per recordable
- 38% reduction in work-related claims
- 80% increase in the completion of incident investigations within 24 hours
- 90% on-time closure of CAPAs created from the Incident Management Action Items
- 12x Increase in the creation of audit programs through the mobile app
Commenting on the EHS performance improvement of the automotive OEM, Kevin Richards, EHS Director at ProcessMAP’s Global Center of Excellence (CoE), stated that the success of the automotive OEM in driving the digital transformation of its safety initiatives is evident from the fact that the company has graduated from tracking reactive or lagging indicators to proactively managing hazards and risks through leading safety indicators. The company’s EHS journey towards a zero-incident and zero-accident destination is accelerated by the solutions that it co-innovates in partnership with ProcessMAP.
About ProcessMAP Corporation
ProcessMAP is the leading EHS process and data intelligence platform that empowers our customers to minimize risk, assure compliance, and ensure safety. ProcessMAP’s analytics-driven cloud platform and advanced mobile-first solutions enable digital transformation, process consistency, and data harmonization to drive actionable intelligence. We are headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with locations across the globe, serving customers in over 140 countries. Visit https://www.processmap.com/ to learn more.
Media and Analyst Relations Contact
Director of Global Product Marketing and Analyst Relations