Digital technologies and connected worker solutions proved critical to the success of many organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. While 56% of the polled companies with no digital solutions in place prior to the pandemic reported that their ability to quickly respond to the crisis was limited, early adopters of digital and mobile-first technologies were able to continue operations smoothly and safely.
Forward-looking companies and other early adopters of digital technologies transformed their frontline employees into “connected workers” long before the onset of the pandemic allowing for improved productivity, faster and better decision making, and increased worker safety.
ProcessMAP’s Connected Worker solution has grown 38X over the past 3 years, and as many companies continue to explore remote and hybrid workplace models in 2022, the need for Connected Workers will continue to increase.
Join us to learn:
- What is a Connected Worker?
- The essential steps for successfully developing and implementing a connected worker strategy
- The benefits of connecting workers in field services and remote operations
- How connected worker solutions empower frontline employees to work in a safer manner
- How to identify the connected worker solution that’s right for your organization